TheraGun G3Pro Review by BestMassageTech
What’s New On The TheraGun G3Pro?
TheraGun’s G2PRO is arguably the most popular and well-known massage gun currently on the market. So what changes has TheraGun made to the next generation of this device – The TheraGun G3Pro?
For starters, the most notable improvement is the noise level. While there’s not much information out yet on this aspect of the device, TheraGun Founder Jason Wersland claims the G3PRO will be fifty percent quieter. Their proprietary gearbox has been re-designed to drastically reduce the noise of the powerful motor.
Outside of the operating volume, the next notable upgrade is the battery life. The battery life of the G2PRO was around 40-45 minutes. However, the battery life of the TheraGun G3PRO is expected to span to 75 minutes, which greatly improves the appeal of this massage gun. It will once again come with 2 batteries to allow users to seamlessly continue massaging without the need to wait for a single battery to charge.
The next improvement they’ve added is a second speed function. The predecessor to the G3PRO was only a single speed unit. This will allow the user to adjust speeds for tender areas or provide an increased speed for problem areas. The two functions will operate at 1750 RPMs and 2400 RPMs, respectively.
TheraGun has also given users 2 additional attachments, taking the previous number of 4 up to 6. The Wedge and Thumb attachments have been added to the arsenal. The Wedge is designed for scraping, targeting the shoulder blades, or IT bands. The Thumb is designed to target the lower back and be used for trigger point therapy.
It does appear that the Thera Gun G3PRO may offer some extended adjustability for a full-body reach to those hard to get areas. Whereas, the G2PRO allowed users to massage at 4 pre-set angles. With the G3Pro, users can reach 90% of the body with the rotating arm and ergonomic hand for full body recovery.With the above improvements, users can expect a few steps back in some other areas. While the amplitude and RPMs will not change, remaining at 16mm and a maximum of 2,400 RPMs, respectively, they have listed the stall force at 60 pounds which is 20 pounds less than the 80 pound force of the G2PRO. Users can also expect their arm to get a little bit more of a workout as the TheraGun G3PRO comes in at 1.4 ounces heavier, which shouldn’t really be noticed. Overall, the product has had a complete design overhaul, with very minimal compromise to it’s function.
What Are The G3Pro Specifications?
The G3PRO will boast an amplitude of 16mm, a stall force of 60 pounds and offer varrying percussion speeds ranging from 1,750 to 2,400 RPMs. The exterior frame will be made of professional grade plastic and the internals will feature an industrial grade Japanese motor. The massage gun will be powered by a 2x Samsung Lithium-ion 4 cell, 2.5 amp battery. The G3PRO will have an improved battery life of 75 minutes, and it will come with TWO of these batteries for added battery life. The overall weight of the massage gun will be just under 3 pounds. It will also come with SIX attachment heads.
What’s Included With The TheraGun G3Pro?
- G3PRO Massage Gun
- Travel Case
- 2 Lithium-ion Batteries
- Attachment Pouch
- Lithium-ion Battery Charger
- 6 physician-designed attachment heads
- Dampener – tender areas or near bones
- Large Ball – large muscle groups
- Standard Ball – overall use
- Wedge – for scraping, shoulder blades or IT bands
- Thumb – lower back and trigger point therapy
- Cone – pinpoint muscle treatment
Possible Benefits of Using a Percussion Massager
- Total body recovery in 15 minutes
- Promotes overall range of motion
- Accelerate warm-up and recovery by targeting each muscle group for 15 seconds
- Target each muscle group for 2 minutes to decrease post-workout soreness
- Prevents and breaks up adhesions
- Improves muscle coordination and mobility to prevent injury
- Natural, pill-free pain relief
- Relieves muscle spasms and replenishes energy through more hydrated muscles
- Better sleep
- Promotes better posture and body awareness
- Relieves body soreness from travel and jet-lag
- Replaces stretching in your daily routine
Designed for professionals, made for everybody. TheraGun wants to change the way you move!